27.1.10

what about...?

It's inspiring and it's wonderful to see people step up and help Haiti. The government, celebrities, local businesses...

But there is one thing that I wonder: Why is it that we are ready and willing to get our wallets out and help donate money or do something when we see big tragedies that happen in the world and yet we are so reluctant to help those that are in need right here, right now and right in our communities? What about the people who are on the streets, who needs food to eat and a place to sleep each day...



I know it is not easy. It's not about just giving people money to those that are sitting on the sidewalk and it's not even about giving them one meal. But can't we do something?

What can I do? How can I help? I want to learn about the people, their stories, what their real needs are...

1 comment:

  1. Audrey so gorgeous! ;op so many things to help out in this world and so many oblivious things that should be take in actions...sigh..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails